Friday, February 18, 2005

"I hate Republicans"

Thus spake new DNC chairman Howard Dean.

Dean spoke these words on February 12th at the Roosevelt hotel in New York at the final DNC forum before the election of a new chairman.

Now, when he said these words Dean added "...and everything they stand for..." So, let me ask you. In the interest of civility, couldn't Dean have said "I hate everything Republicans stand for"? Of course he could. But then he would have been lying by omission. See, I have no doubt that Dean really does hate Republicans.

The point I really want to make is this: did you read about this in the paper? did you see a news report about Dean's "controversial remarks"? Of course you didn't. The only thing even close to a major news organization that carried this story when I did a Google search of "I hate Republicans Howard Dean" was the New York Daily News.

Now, let me ask you: do you think ABC, CBS, NBC or CNN would have carried this story if George Bush or Ken Mehlman (Dean's counterpart at the RNC) had said "I hate Democrats"?

But there is no such thing as liberal bias in the media, right?

No comments: