Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Want to know why I support the War on Islam?

Hell, yes, I said it. Does anyone really think we are fighting just any old terrorists? Does anyone really think that it is just an amazing coincidence that Muslims are responsible for a disproportionate amount of indiscriminate killing of innocent men, women, and children?

Well, if you do happen to be that dim-witted or naive, allow me to introduce you to:

Mohammed Bouyeri, a baby-faced 27-year-old with dual Dutch-Moroccan nationality, broke his vow not to co-operate with the Amsterdam court by admitting shooting and stabbing his victim last November.

"I take complete responsibility for my actions. I acted purely in the name of my religion," he told its three-strong panel of judges.

"I can assure you that one day, should I be set free, I would do the same, exactly the same." . . .

Bouyeri then turned to the victim's mother, Anneke, in the public gallery, and told her he felt nothing for her. Mrs van Gogh watched as he read out from what appeared to be a statement: "I don't feel your pain. I have to admit that I don't have any sympathy for you. I can't feel for you because you're a non-believer."

Charming fellow, isn't he?

(Thanks, as always, to the indispensible James Taranto.)

No comments: