Sunday, May 11, 2008

Please write your Congress Critters

Below is the text of a letter I sent to my Senators and Representative. I urge you all to do the same.

Dear Senator Warner,

With gas prices setting records at the pump, I urge you to work with the President to begin drilling for oil in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR).

The political left has consistently mis-characterized the effort to drill for oil in ANWR. I believe that oil companies can drill for oil in a way that minimizes the impact on the surrounding environment. My reading of the proposed effort is that an area the size of Dulles Airport will be the footprint of the oil drilling effort.

Also, another thing that I think you should bear in mind is that the inhabitants of ANWR want the economic benefits that exploring for oil will bring.

Again, I urge you to work with your colleagues in the Senate, the House of Representatives and the President to begin drilling for oil in ANWR.

Sincerely,

Alain DeWitt
Arlington, VA

No comments: