Thursday, January 24, 2008

I had forgotten...

...how much I loathe James Carville! Luckily, since the end (thank God!) of the Clinton [I ?] administration I haven't had to listen to the blatant falsehoods that emanate from that forked tongue of his.

Unfortunately, I happened to tune into the "Today" show as I was getting ready for work this morning. Since this is campaign season, NBC appears to have retained the Louisiana snake-oil salesman as a "political" consultant. I didn't catch exactly what he and talking head Matt Lauer were discussing but I caught a bit of Carville's vitriol. He was saying something to the effect of how the Republican party only "comes in one color - white, and only one gender - male". (Presumably Carville means sex since gender is a grammatical construction)

Not only is this demonstrably false, it's divisive. What's obvious is that the likes of Carville know that the Democrats have no new ideas to compete against the Republicans, so they resort to name-calling (he's calling Republicans racists and chauvinists, in case Cueball is too subtle for you).

What's really a shame is that the media give him a pass on this kind of behavior. Remember the hue and cry that went up last year when Ann Coulter called John Edwards a "faggot"?

As Bob Dole once said, "Where's the outrage?"

No comments: